Common Signs of Hearing Loss
Changes in hearing don’t happen overnight–there are usually early signs that signal the onset of hearing loss. By paying attention to the following first signs, you or your loved one can get help sooner to treat hearing loss.
Do You or Your Loved One:
- Frequently request to have words or sentences repeated or misunderstand these words or sentences?
- Find it hard to hear children’s or women’s voices?
- Find it beneficial to pay attention to a speaker’s lip movement to understand what they’re saying?
- Frequently ask to have the TV, radio, or cell phone volume all the way up?
- Have difficulty in distinguishing words while talking amongst large groups or noisy environments?
- Constantly hear ringing, crackling,or buzzing (constant noise) in the ears?
- Feel tired after listening in noisy environments or attending social events?
- Feel your ears are clogged and muffled?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the early signs of hearing loss questions above, you may be affected by hearing loss.